Aspen Dental is on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. By joining Aspen Dental you are not only making a statement that you are committed to providing quality care but you are also becoming a part of a collaborative network of dental professionals. For an estimated 47 million Americans, lack of access to affordable dental care is a real problem and by aligning with Aspen Dental you can be part of the solution.
Working directly with the area's Endodontist, the Endodontist Assistant performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. The Endodontist Assistant works chair side as the dentist examines and treats patients making patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, obtain their dental records and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care. This position will require travel to different offices with the Endodontist.
- Assist the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment.
- Take, develop and mount dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures such as restorations (fillings), root canals, etc.
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (brushing teeth, flossing, nutritional counseling, etc.).
- Perform various office tasks as necessary.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Apply to this Job
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Dental Assistant Certificate with prior assistant experience necessary.
- X-ray certification required.